Merge Referenced Layers

• 1 month later...

OK, I've used this technique on a new set of drawings, but when I updated the reference (Architect's drawing) the viewports have a whole load of vital information missing e.g. windows and doors!

On looking into it it the windows and doors are on new layers that the Architect has created but for some reason these new layers are not available in the viewport to switch on, despite updating the reference. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Laura

Edited by Laura Stone

Not sure if its what you are seeing but there is a bug whereby layers (classes?) added after an reference update if their layer (class?) name is more (less?) than a certain length.

The fix I think was to change the length of the layer (class?).

Sorry I've been vague and not remembering the exact circumstances.

When you create a new design layer there is a section at the bottom of the New Design Layer dialog box labeled Creation Options.

By default this is set so that newly created Design Layers are set to be invisible in Saved View and Viewports.

I think if you change the default (by creating a dummy (or needed) new layer) to Visible, then the New Layers created in the referenced file will show up, but I have not had time to test this.

Regards,

Pat