DTM Bermuda Triangle

gbland

gbland,

this exact thing happened to me last march, using 2012.i don't remember exactly how i resolved. but, rather than leave you hanging here alone. i'll layout the sequence of events as i recall it. first i sent mt model to vw vss, and they got the same thing to happen on their machines. they could see a problem in the model construction, so they sent it over to engineering. while waiting for engineering, i had some other problems suggesting that my file was corrupted. so, i copied the 3d date (not the dtm) into a new file and created a new site model. then i copied the site modifiers and plants and pasted them into the new file. updated the model, then sent the plants to the surface and everything worked, including the two of three trees in on spot that would not go to the surface before.

then i heard back from vw vss that engineering had remade my model and it was working correctly. they didn't tell me what was wrong, and since my new model was working, i didn't think about it again.

that's the way i remember.

so, my suggestion is to delete the dtm and recreate it. if that doesn't work, try doing that in a new file.

hopefully, someone can tell you more precisly what the problem is.

cheers,

ray