Walls and Aligning Textures

Good Day!!

I am trying to get my textures to align so board and batten lines up.

I have 3 walls on 3 layers stacked. (1 for each Floor).

You use to be able to select all the walls in a document and select the button 'use world Z for origin' and all the textures would align.

I have used the button and 2 walls match (the 1st flr and second) the 3rd wall however does not align.

Any insight as to why? This is a global problem with my file, I have hundreds of walls that are not aligning:(

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=8169&filename=by%20default%202012-10-16%20at%209.17.16%20AM.jpg

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi John,

Unfortunately, I've dealt with this only by typing a horizontal offset and looking at the rendered result, adjusting the horizontal offset and looking again, rinse and repeat as necessary until they look close. If anyone has a better solution, I'd love to hear it.

I've entered in a bug/enhancement request to NV to have the "Use World Z for Origin" feature changed to something more like "Use world Origin for Origin". Aligning textures only in the Z direction is only good for horizontal "line" textures like horizontal siding. Things like brick and board & batten need more and, as you now know, are VERY tedious to deal with.

That is super tedious! 16 blocks, 4 elevations, on 3 levels. Thats 192 individual walls that need to be manual aligned more if there is jigs and jogs in the elevations.

Maybe I will have to go 2D, haven't gone to a 2D annotation to get the desired texturing:(

Thanks for entering a bug, all we can hope is they get it right!