vectorworks drunk?

i am experiencing a weird, surreal thing in 2013, as though vectorworks is inebriated. at some point in the working session, things get very sluggish: selection tools stop working, navigation hangs up, etc. i tried watching some patterns in detail, but that is very difficult.

i find that frequent restarting is required to keep things moving.

the last incident was something like this: in a 3d wireframe view i select an object. only after slightly zooming in and out does the select highlight appear. then i delete the object; only after zooming slightly do i see that the object has been deleted. then i press command/5 to return to top plan view; only after zooming slightly does the view return to top plan. its really wacky.

for now i switched back to 2012. interestingly the file which is a native 2013 file exported as 2012 opens and works perfectly in 2012.

am i alone? have others experienced this?

cheers,

ray

2013 has video issues. Pan and zoom are sluggish for me, others on these boards are having issues. Kicking myself for not waiting for SP1 where this stuff usually gets fixed. For me working on 3d polygons before starting a DTM is like watching paint dry. It was suggested to me that you blow out your 2013 folder (except for license extension files) in library/application support/vectorworks/2013. It might fix it. Any customization to workspace will be lost and you'll have to reset it.

kind of like the apple mapping fiasco. It will eventually get resolved as there is more feedback on why its not working as advertised. And as its been said many a time, if software companies were held to the same standard as carmakers, they would all be out of business. Nobody likes a lemon.

We are experiencing the same weirdness. In our case an extreme delay of 8 - 30 seconds when exiting various edit modes such as edit symbol or edit group. This problem comes and goes without any discernible pattern. I have corresponded to VW tech guys. They say they are aware of this problem and are working on it.