Intersecting pads - Which ones are causing the error message?

C10916

Have been scrutinising my file, checking and checking again, running scripts, making active, hiding some classes, and it goes on and on and still when I update my model, it says I have 2 intersecting pads.

There must be an easier way to find out which ones are causing the problem, any ideas?

Thank you.

c10916,

i've run into this, too...many times. recently i was very careful not to overlap pads, but got the intersecting pads warning anyway. i sent the model to vw vss for an explanation. i haven't heard back from them. time to follow up, i suppose.

as soon as i get a response, i'll post the information.

cheers,

ray

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Susan

You are welcome to send the file to us. In my experience though, the reason the message is generated is... because you've got intersecting pads!

I agree it would be a very nice feature if VW could highlight where the problem lies visually - and I have already wish-listed this.

All the best

that's right. the pads in the model i sent to vw vss are 10cm apart.

they responded saying that they have replicated the same results: intersecting pad warning when pads do not intersect. and further that the model appears to be constructed correctly.

now they need to look more deeply into it to determine whether the problem is in my model or a broader vw issue.

i'll let you know what they find out.

ray

Thanks everyone in this string for your advise.

How did I solve it, well......over the last days, thinking about how to tackle the problem.

One by one I deleted them, updating the model, trying again and again...... then I didn't have any left to intersect. Not ideal, and lots of time wasted and back to square one, to start again.

Yes please Nemetschek, can we have a bit more of clue to tell us where the problem is when a problem occurs, not just tell us that there is a problem, its just soul destroying...... :-(