Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

2d path object - Number of parameters limited?

VvierA

Hello,

I try to make a custom 2d path object with Vectorscript.

The object has a lot of parameters but the object info palette shows only 7 of them.

Is there a limitation of parameters for the object info palette?

How can I get over the limitation?

or

Is there another 'simple' way to allow the user to enter parameters for a path object other than the object info palette?

(I do not feel capable to program a custom dialog so it would be great to enter the values via the object info palette.)

Thanks for help

VvierA

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The number of fields for an object is virtually unlimited.

Is the object event enabled? Are you adding any custom Widgets during the Init event?

Are you modifying the visibility of the controls in the code?

You may also need to restart VW if you add parameters especially with an event enabled object.

@Kevin

Thank you very much. Restarting helped although my object is not event enabled afaik.

Another strange thing: If I double click the 2d path VW enters the 'edit extrude along path profile' mode.

What can I do to start the 'standard 2d reshape mode' for polygons on double click?

VvierA

@Kevin

Great - the code works very well (although I do not understand the meaning yet).

Maybe you can help with another (related) question...:

Together with my 2d path I place a symbol.

Is there a way to evoke an edit mode so that I can move that symbol 'within' my 2d path object. I.e. move it without ungrouping = destroying the 2d path object?

VvierA

If you are just using the symbol and simply need to move it use a control point.

One of the parameters available is a control point type. This will give the user a grip to move and you can access the x/y values and place the symbol at that location.

If the symbol only resides in the path then the user would have to manually enter the path group to move the symbol. Right click on the path object should give you the option to edit path or profile, the option should be available in the edit menu also.

As for the more extended properties check on the Vector Script mailing list there was a list of the constants posted there recently.

You have to be a list member to search the list, all the lists are considered "Private"

Once you subscribe to a list you can set the "No Mail" option if you don't want to receive emails form the list.

In the Online Mailing List Archives or Archive Search pick just the VECTORSCRIPT-L list.

Once you are logged in it should only show you the lists you are subscribed.