hdI put floor plan at 1:100 & roof plan at 1:250 on the same sheet

How do I put floor plan at 1:100 & roof plan at 1:250 on the same sheet?

Here's the scene; 3 floor building, still in design stage, needs drawings for fundraising.I used the setup assistant and now have 22 iso A1 sized sheets. 1 sheet for each floor plan, 1 sheet for the roof plan, and so on.

I have created a new layer (A3-plans), and on it created a layer link to each floor plan. So now I can print out 1 sheet with 3 floorplans on it - awesome.

There's enough room left over for the roof plan, but at a reduced scale. Because the design is not final, I want to use layer links to show the roof plan on the presentation sheet, not convert copy to polygon...

So I created a new layer at a reduced scale (layer roof-link), and put a layer link to Mod-Roof. Looks good.Switch back to Layer 'A3-plans' and create a layer link to roof-link, and nothing shows up.

So I guess there's two questions here....

1) does VW support 'nested' layer links? (as described above)2) how would you people do the drawing I am attempting?

Thanks for your help in advance grin.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Mat Caird:
How do I put floor plan at 1:100 & roof plan at 1:250 on the same sheet?

Here's the scene; 3 floor building, still in design stage, needs drawings for fundraising.I used the setup assistant and now have 22 iso A1 sized sheets. 1 sheet for each floor plan, 1 sheet for the roof plan, and so on.

I have created a new layer (A3-plans), and on it created a layer link to each floor plan. So now I can print out 1 sheet with 3 floorplans on it - awesome.

There's enough room left over for the roof plan, but at a reduced scale. Because the design is not final, I want to use layer links to show the roof plan on the presentation sheet, not convert copy to polygon...

So I created a new layer at a reduced scale (layer roof-link), and put a layer link to Mod-Roof. Looks good.Switch back to Layer 'A3-plans' and create a layer link to roof-link, and nothing shows up.

So I guess there's two questions here....

1) does VW support 'nested' layer links? (as described above)2) how would you people do the drawing I am attempting?

Thanks for your help in advance
grin.gif" border="0

1) No

2)Just create another layer with thedesired scale (roof reduced scale), link the roof plan on this layer,and turn it on along with the other layer where you layere linked the floor plans. You can unlockthe layer link after creation to move where desired on the page. You may want to create anew saved sheet with these two layers for easier navigation later.

Hope this helps.