Frustrated PC user

AutoCAD. Over the past month I have had numerous files from clients and file I have done in house that crash every time I print. Because of flakey print drivers I prefer to make PDF files with either PDF writer or Distiller, and then print the PDF files. This morning I struggled to try and print a clients set of drawings. Continually Vworks is crashing while printing. I ended up exporting EPS files, placing them in Indesign then printing (very impractical way of printing). I have since completely uninstalled and reinstalled Vectorworks with all the patches and still some crashes. Not all files, but about half the files I am getting I am having this trouble.What a great program if it worked? Any suggestions?

I am continually telling people how great Arhicitect is, but not till the bugs are worked out will I be sticking my foot in my mouth again!!!

Jet, Additional information here is necessary to be able to get a better grasp of the problem --

What operating system are you using?What version of VW are you using?What type of printer are you using?Is it Post Script or non post-script ?If it crashes, do you get an error message of any type?

1. What platform and OS are you using?PC Windows XP Pro

2. What version of Adobe Distiller?Acrobat 5.05

3. What is different about the files that can be printed and the ones that cannot? The only thing I can think is different, the trouble files seem to have info from AutoCAD (dxf or dwg) Survey files.

4. Have you made any significant changes to your system since you have noticed the latest problem? No

5. What printer are you sending the files to?Writer / Distiller then HP2500cp and a HP1220c

6. If on macintosh do you have Carbonlib installed? If so what version?

7. Have you attempted to copy and paste a drawing in question to a new document and tried printing that? ( This may conclude a corrupted object or layer in your drawing ). Yes, doesn't help.

Is it crashing when writing the PDF, or is it crashing when you open the PDF in Adobe and then printing ?

What version of VW are you using?

[ 08-08-2002: Message edited by: Katie ]

My little commandments:

1. Thou shalt not work on a v9 drawing that has been converted straight from v8. Into a FRESH document shalt thou paste thine contents, layer by layer as required.

2. Thou shalt not trust in AutoDesk. Its secretive, foolish, and unaccountable ways shall lead even the righteous astray. Do not work on a document converted straight from AutoCAD. A fresh document shalt thou create. Into this document shalt thou paste the contents. Yea, do not even then trust in the reliability of the drawing. Though much less problematic than a straight-convert, the pasted contents will give thee less headache.