Label Legend configuration

pytld

When I place an instrument, the Label Legend placed with it is based on the shape of the instrument in its normal position. If I rotate the instrument 90 degrees, The labels are positioned based on where they should be in the normal position, not the rotated position. For a long instrument, this makes the labels somewhat distant. I created new label legends to use with rotated instruments, but this doesn't solve the problem and it leads to label legend bloat. How do people normally adjust for this?

Edited by pytld
  • 2 weeks later...

Now I have 25 different flavors of label legends, but I discovered the original legend I copied to make all the others did not have a text style for color or gobo. I created text styles for these and would like to apply them to all the formats at once, not one at a time. How do I do that? It won't let me edit the styles when I select multiple label legends. What am I missing?

Why do I care? Because for some reason when I print, it puts squares for the characters in the gobo. I'm guessing it does that because the font is too large or some other font-type problem. I would like to be able to fix it once instead of 25 times. If I want to change it again in the future when I have some time to think about it, I don't want to go through the tedious process of editing 35 or 55 or however many label legends I have by that time.

Also, when assigning the text style I created to the gobo or color, VW changes the size to 0.2pt even though the style has 8pt. Why is this and how do I get VW to use the style as I created it? If I change the size to 8pt in the label legend, it loses the link to the text style. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by pytld
  • 3 weeks later...