Artlantis 4.1 and Maxwell

Tom Klaber

Artlantis 4.1 gives the option to use the Maxwell rendering engine. Is this a workable arrangement to get VW models rendered in Maxwell? Can you use any Maxwell texture with this arrangement?

I have been craving for years a way to render my models using Maxwell, which in my opinion is the superior engine. This seems like a costly route. Has anybody tired this?

Tom you have a couple options to use Maxwell render as I am.

1. Export to .dae Collada or .3ds and import into sketchup, then their are Maxwell plugins for Sketchup. If you own Maxwell Studio the plugins are all FREE. Currently these export files are not working and NNA has told me it should be fixed by SP1 or 2.

2. Export to .dae , .3ds or .fbx and then import these formats directly into Maxwell Studio in which you'll map all you materials and set up cameras and lights etc. Currently these export files are not working and NNA has told me it should be fixed by SP1 or 2.

3. Or you can go through C4D but at the cost of VW + Renderworks + C4D you might as well buy Archicad and use the FREE Maxwell Render integrated plugin.

Those are your current options, note that to export as .dae or . Fbx you need VW 2013 and Renderworks.