How to Create SPecial Walls

Horst M.

Hallo,

I'm starting to model some Buildings, that we transformed to Venues.

The Walls have a Lot of Pillar like structures, and also different thicknesses, in their sections.

I would Like to us VW-Walls, to be able to use also Door PIOs and Window PIOs.

Specially for the different thicknesses in the hight, I have no Idea how to deal with that.

I was experimenting with stacking Walls, but then I can insert Doors and Windows just in one Part, and some doors and Windows are built in so tat they cut in 2 Wall Parts...

Any Help or suggestion would be nice, I'm not an Architect, and I'm kind of stuck with that "Problem"

Horst M.

Edited by Horst M.

There are many approaches you can take.

Within each wall style you can set individual components to have either their top or bottom edge offset from the original wall object top and bottom. You could define each different step in thickness as a different component and set the height accordingly within the definition of that component.

You have a Pilaster PIO which could be used to create the plan offsets. You also have the Wall Sculpting tools which can be very effective in creating recesses in walls or to add an appendage to a wall without destroying the base properties of the wall.

Even with the steps at the components you may find it helpful to create a lower wall plan for your doors and an upper wall plan near the roof. If you don't have a clean horizontal cut line to achieve this you can step the tops or bottoms of the stacked walls accordingly to achieve what you need in the floor plan while maintaining the model integrity. Similar approaches are frequent when dealing with split level floor plans.

Joe

Edited by Joe-SA

Thanks for the Wonderfull help.

The Wall Components work fine.

But as soon as I started with Wall Recess and Wall Projection Elements, the Disaster started.

VW 2012 gets awfull slow, when using more than 5 Wall Projection Components.

In The VW 2013 Eval. Version doesn't become slow, but the Wall Components get distroyed and the Wall Component with the Projected Element gets blown Miles(!) away from the Rest of the Wall.

Very Frustrating....

Its Like Always.

I spent 2 hours working on what I want to do, and since then 6 Hours of fighting with VW. No work done so far.

Again: Thanks a lot for the profound Help!