Crash Happy - Vectorworks 2013

Kizza, my install has not affected the performance of 2012. Because they run as separate programs, I do not think you need worry about 2013 infecting 2012 with its glitches.

I would like to say that I am unlucky or that it is a local problem, but it is happening to other members of my office. It could be we are sharing a configuration that is causing the problem. We are all running 10.6.8 - we have not updated to Mountain Lion.

I have found that even simply in 2D I get crashes for "no reason" - to say that they do not follow any action, but simply occur while navigating around a document or clicking back to a document. I have moved rendering back to 2012 for the time being.

I have found that even simply in 2D I get crashes for "no reason" - to say that they do not follow any action, but simply occur while navigating around a document or clicking back to a document.

Again that sounds historically correct, frustratingly enough, part of the reason I posted this once upon a time:

http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=31071&Number=152590#Post152590

Edited by Vincent C

we upgraded our iMacs to 32GB RAM which seemed to help, but still getting some crashing, which is not great, but 2012 was also still crashing fairly often even with SP5, so I/we have just become gun-shy and now save every few minutes, or anytime before doing something that regular crashes (rendering especially)

the worst scenario seems to be large complex files that were started in 2012 and have been converted to 2013. files started new in 2013 seem to be at least incrementally better.

• 9 months later...

Mann!!!!! What the hell! VW just crashed, but not only did it crash and lose the last 4 hours of work, the backups have vanished too. I just opened it now, and the only back ups are of it before I started today, and after it crashed. The ones I need with all the work done are gone????

What am I doing wrong?? Is it something to with pdfs? It seems to crash more often with pdfs. But it shouldnt be crashing at all!

2013 seems to certainly be Crash Happy. It's getting to be unbelievably frustrating having to reopen a file time and time again! At least 12 times a day it's crashing.

If there's a pattern to the crashing... I, for one, have not figured it out. I only know that this is a complete waste of time!

I'm hoping someone at VW is reading the boards... maybe reading the crash data that is coming in seemingly fast and furious from all the crashes happening, and that they are putting together patches soon!

And hurry! Soon you'll have to thrown out the 2014 version! Maybe that one will be super buggy as well until the end of summer 2014 ?

I wonder if they couldn't just put one out every 2 years? That way they would have time to fix things... to make a better product... ?

Just saying.

• 2 weeks later...