Fitting walls to roof objects VW2013

Alan H

Thanks Peter, I have the roof overlapping by a few inches, I'm using stories, so wall is in floor layer, roof is in roof layer (Using roof faces) the wall extends to the peak but does't follow the roof fall. I cant think that I am doing anything different from 2012. Which is baffling me.

also make sure that the design layer that contains the roof is higher than the designer layer that contains the wall..for example if you you walls are on 2nd floor wall design layer that is set at 10' above the ground plane, and the roof is on a roof design layer that is at 10' above ground plane or less, even if the roof baseline is raised above the layer plane (say 2' above the layer, thus 12' above ground plane), VW still has trouble calculating the walls to meet the roof because if has to be on layer that is "above" the wall. in this example iw ould revise the roof design layer to be at 12' above ground plane and the roof baseline to be 0' relative to the design layer and thus still 12' above ground plane. i hope that makes sense.

Thanks everyone for posting possible solutions.

I thought I would draw the model in the OS map position, as this was a small project.

The reason the walls didn't connect was because I broke one of the golden roles. I was drawing miles away from the VW origin point. (thanks VSS team for sorting this).

When I moved the model close to the origin point, the walls and roofs connected without any problems.

Its better to save the correct co-ordinates for a site model plan and reference buildings into it!