Vectorworks 2008 - Sheet Layers and Classes

mmiles

By default, our office likes to have all classes set to visible for our sheet layers. In many cases, we have notations (i.e. Legends) placed directly onto the sheet layer. Lately, we have had a problem with this.

Can anyone tell me why our class visibilities -established for the sheets- keep changing? In other words, on a regular basis, classes revert to not visible, and unless we go to each sheet before printing, we have prints without legends, and general notes. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You might have a Saved View that keeps turning off some of your classes.

The best way I found to quickly set where each class shows up and where it doesn't is with the Visibilities tab of the Organization Dialog box. This is an easy one to miss. Click Visibilities in the upper right corner along with the Class tab. When you highlight a class (or multiple) you see where that class is set for all your viewports and saved views. Manipulate a bunch of classes across multiple viewports with a single click.

Its the fastest way to manipulate classes being turned on or off in areas that function outside the active class settings. (viewports and saved views)

Joe