Missing Fillet Dialog

Kronur

I use the fillet dialog *all the time* in my drafting. Now that I've upgraded to Vectorworks 2013, my beloved keyboard shortcut command does not open the fillet dialog box. All the other dialog boxes (offset, align/distribute objects, eyedropper preferences) are still around. Where did fillet run off to?

Yes, but typing into the toolbar is more complicated and takes loads more time. I have to type [f] to navigate to the fillet tool, then another [key] for Group 2 Navigation, instead of the very quick [ff].

Analogous example: One can also type the offset distance into the toolbar, but the dialog box still exists [mm] and is the faster way to do things.

Wait a minute.......

Before 2013::

1) Type "FF" (or whatever the tool shortcut was, but twice to open the dialog)

2) Type in the value

3) Press "Return"

In 2013:

1) Type "F" (or whatever the tool shortcut is, but just once)

2) Type "I" (or whatever the second mode shortcut is)

3) Type in the value

So in essence, we're talking about using "FI" instead of "FF", with no more need to press "Return" to dismiss a modal dialog box. And this change is "more complicated" and takes "loads more time"?

Yikes.

It's a waste of time to debate the usefulness or reliability of keyboard shortcuts; some people don't use them and spend their drafting hours navigating drop-down menus. Quite honestly, in the four days I've been using 2013, I'm almost as fast with the new method.

For me, the question still remains: Why remove the fillet dialog, but not the offset dialog? Where's the consistency in design and implementation in this software? I've been using VW for 9 years, and I'm a big fan, but this lack of uniformity in execution is puzzling. (Did they mean to remove the offset dialog, but forgot? Did the fillet dialog get overlooked? Are all dialogs on the chopping block in future, more robust upgrades?)