2013 feedback

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clip Cube is a great idea and it works well in wireframe, however, in Open GL it bogs down. I am currently waiting for an image refresh to complete (going on an hour now) so this is not workable. I have watched the demos which seems very responsive, but in real practice with a complex model refresh is too slow. The problem seems to be trying to render all of the intermediate steps between the beginning clipping plane and a subsequent clipping plane (maybe hundreds of redraws in the animation). I will try some differing settings for Open GL to see if I can find a more optimum experience.

http://m.facebook.com/VectorworksBenelux.NL?id=194295643937615&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.nl%2Fsearch&_rdr

The Benelux version of vectorworks looks to have a great new window tool, i want this :-(

Lets hope the many bugs that where in it for years are gone too.

Looking at the picture, it sure looks good, now hoping for classable parts unlike the interior door tool, and for user flexibility and speed in editing, because these points tend to be a problem in our BE-NL version specific tools.

If it's really good, I'm finally able to ditch my own window tool, (that did corner windows since VW12.5), to have more time on other projects.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Matt

To get it to work in the old file, you probably need to edit your Renderworks Style to make sure it uses the Physical Sky background instead of the one that used to work with the Renderworks Exterior Final style. Try also editing something on your Heliodon to refresh it - try typing something like Sunset in the Time field - it can work out the time for sunset for the given date.

And I am sure you have already thought of this... but do you have a Heliodon in the 2012 file. It's the Physical Sky and Heliodon combination that performs the magic. Let me know if you still have problems. I'll be happy to help.

It really does look good and we have it working on old files just fine. It makes all the difference with exterior renders. Particularly with some of the lovely new water textures.

It is a two edged sword. I find the walls to be more annoying. So rarely when I move a single wall do I want ALL walls associated with it to move too. I think this feature is an example of more being less. On occasion, in SD, I would want to freely play around with a layout and not have to rejoin all walls, but when I am fine tuning a wall I do not want it pushing and pulling everything in site.

Lovely!

The line is the lovely cloud cover on the horizon. You could try changing the rotation of the background to see if you get a different view. Alternatively, why not edit the background and make it totally cloudy?! After all, you are in the UK, so it will make your clients feel totally at home and not give them any false illusions about the space!

(Before anyone starts shouting at me - I'm having a laugh...)

"Please submit a bug report and attach the file(s) so we can investigate."

How do I pass along a file of 92 MB The file works acceptably in VW2012.

If the file is too large, compress it and feel free to use dropbox or www.yousendit.com

Thanks,

Hugues

htsafak@vectorworks.net

Tamsin,

That "cloud cover" does not exist with the standard HDRI background.

see HERE

Any ideas why this is?

Happy to try rotating the sky but not sure how to do it?

And I'm not going to argue with you about the weather. I have used everything from overcast skies to even putting snow on some visuals (2010 had a weird little feature that let you do it).

Didn't go down terribly well I have to say...

Matt

Edited by Mattheng
It is a two edged sword. I find the walls to be more annoying. So rarely when I move a single wall do I want ALL walls associated with it to move too. I think this feature is an example of more being less. On occasion, in SD, I would want to freely play around with a layout and not have to rejoin all walls, but when I am fine tuning a wall I do not want it pushing and pulling everything in site.

Have you gone into the Vw Preferences to turn off Auto-Join?

I have. They have been good to me in the past. Because others in the office are having problems with other files, I thought it was a broader problem, but my crash rate is even higher than theirs.

When I have a second I will see. I suspect it has something to do with the conversions from 2012 to 2013.

• 3 weeks later...