walls under a roof in one storey

gester

hi,

it's my first small residential project with a vw 2012, until now i've done only a few flat roof housing estates (and not in vw 2012).

i'm currently having troubles getting the right visibilities for a floor plan in the second storey.

the bearing height is ca 100 cm, and after the roof is created (as the part of the same storey), the walls get obscured by the roof faces.

as i try to set the roof in the next (3rd) storey, i can't nudge it down, and besides, i won't be able to fit the walls geometry from the 2nd storey to the 3rd storey roof, as i've heard.

how can i get it done? is there any horizontal section height setting?

thanks in advance.

rob

One work around for 2d plan view only is to create one viewport in your sheet layer for your roof and one for your floor plan. Stack the 2nd floor plan viewport on top of the roof plan viewport.

With the floor slabs on in your floor plan it should mask any roof lines that extend into the roof plan. If you don't have floors you may need to make a mask that you stack between the viewports.

For 3d I do believe you have generate a section viewport from an elevation view giving you a horizontal slice at your desired elevation. I haven't done this but there has been talk on this forum that its possible.

Joe

Real simple,

Draw 1st level plan

Draw roof on Roof-1 level

Draw upper level (Attic) on Level-2

Set to level-2, turn on Roof-1, extend walls to underside of roof-1.

If upper level extends through roof, UN-group roof, draw polygon around area to clip, select roof faces and polygon, clip.

in view ports turn layers on you want to see.

If you need to see roof below, add lines to class for roof.

make sure your levels are correct for model to work. remember drafting?

forget section viewports for fancy graphics. use only for sections.

One work around for 2d plan view only is to create one viewport in your sheet layer for your roof and one for your floor plan. Stack the 2nd floor plan viewport on top of the roof plan viewport.

With the floor slabs on in your floor plan it should mask any roof lines that extend into the roof plan. If you don't have floors you may need to make a mask that you stack between the viewports.

For 3d I do believe you have generate a section viewport from an elevation view giving you a horizontal slice at your desired elevation. I haven't done this but there has been talk on this forum that its possible.

Joe

And what if you want to present one floor plan (one story) in 3D, with only the part of the roof on that layer?