VW 2013 Site -pad with retaining edge?

motus

Has anyone been able to figure this out? I can sort of get it to work sometimes, but its seems to be lacking sufficient control of the retaining edge...

sometimes I can get it to send the edge to the surface, but other times it just does;t seem to work right....anybody feel like this makes sense? if so, help me, please!

aaarrrgghhh...really having a hard time with the new pad-with-retaining edge....

i am trying to draw a pad under the existing portion of the house, and then draw an adjacent pad (touching, but not overlapping/intersecting), when i convert the polyline object to a pad, for some darn reason it forces the pads to overlap, and then it gives me an error message about intersecting pads...

I have done several test now to make sure that my original polylines were not overlapping, so it is clearly something that happens during the "create objects" conversion to site modifiers...

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Cooincident, or touching pads will indeed generate an error. Because the site model can only have one level (Z) at a specific X and Y coordinate, one set of elevations will end up being ignored (the ones drawn last in the stack). Overlapping will cause the same problem.Now, if the pads touch at the same elevation, you can ignore the message, because although one set of Z coordinates will be ignored, it doesn't matter, because they are at the same elevation as the points that are used to modify the site.

When creating a pad with retaining edge, you get, in effect, two pads. Because pads cannot touch or overlap, there must be an offset between the two elements of the pad (although it is negligible).

When creating a pad with retaining edge, Send to Surface is working fine for me when I choose Proposed on my modifier, but not when I choose Existing - I will file that bug.

For clarification, when sending to surface, the retaining edge can be further modified with the Reshape command. The elevation of the pad itself is controlled with the Elevation field. The Slope field will also affect this pad.

I hope that helps.