Is cloud rendering ever going to work?

Christiaan

Sorry to hear that Christiaan. I assume you have been in touch with your local reseller/support firm, and that they (or you) have filed bugs accordingly?? If so, and if the VW's engineers have the files which fail, I'm pretty sure they will find a solution. FWIW, I have also used the service and have only had one file fail. All others seem to render fine... Additionally, as I understand it, with the latest release, rendering is done in the background allowing users to continue working...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Christiaan:

From what I remember about your issues, the file is so large that it consumes all free RAM and that is the reason why updating all viewports fails on the cloud. From what I remember your files also fail in the local desktop version for this reason. If they fail on the local desktop version sending them to the cloud will not cause them to suddenly succeed, the cloud still uses VW as for the desktop.

I think the difference between rendering on your local Mac and the cloud which is Windows-based may be why you're not seeing it locally.

Not sure I understand. Are you saying Macs are capable of rendering more complex files? I think that's what Donne Martin posited to me at some point.

If this is true, doesn't it make more sense for the Vectorworks Cloud Services be Mac based?

Kevin