Wake from sleep crash

Hello all. Your friendly unpaid beta tester/trouble shooter here again to give you an update. Do I sound bitter? I am. I didn't sign up to be a beta tester. I need my programs to work for me, not me have to work for them.

I have it narrowed down my crashes to being something to do with changing a VW pref settings. I've confirmed that turning on the VW preference Session/Use sound causes VW to crash when waking from extended sleep, and randomly when doing some type of internet connection, like a FaceTime call.

I ask you again, do you have Session/use sound turned on? If so, and you don't have crashes, what is your computer setup. Basic stuff like make, model, operating system.

Edited by Bruce Kieffer

Hello Kevin,

One of our Mountain Lion Macs has been doing something similar in 2012. That machine was a clean install and we are working through the issues. What I did was to prevent the machine from sleeping during the day and shut it down each evening. Not ideal. We thought it was a Vw autosave preferences issue of my own making, but it may be a something else. Will keep you posted.

• 1 month later...