Hidden line renderings cause large file size

taliho

Hi-

I'm working on a 2 story residence, overall 3000sf, and at completion of CD my file size is 376MB - thats huge. The program is sluggish, and has a hard time regenerating. I'm usually at 100MB for this size project

I copied the file and carefully went through purging and deleting to find the memory hogs:

On my title sheet I have an isometric in hidden line rendering, no sketch, no textures, no backgrounds - when I deleted it i dropped 130MB (that is totally out of whack, right?)

I then deleted each of 4 building elevations and found the front and back were 20 MB each, and left and right were 45 MB each. Also, just hidden line. (from the same design layers - why would they be different?)

Sections, derived from the drawings were only about 0.5 MB each

So? Is there a lighter way to generate elevations? This hasn't been a problem in the past.

I also tried modify>convert_to_lines on the iso - didn't work. I lost some of the lines and it only dropped by a neglible amount.

Without the iso's and elevations and sections - the file is 72 MB (is that considered large without all the renderings? shall I continue tinkering?)

Thanks for your ideas.

Tali

If this post should go on a different forum, please let me know!