Sign in to follow this  
Christiaan

Default view options when switching to Flyover Tool

Question

When switching from Top/Plan view to the Flyover Tool I'd like it to default to:

1. Perspective view, uncropped

2. OpenGL

(or I'd like a preference option that lets me make these the defaults)

7 answers to this question

Just like to point out that Saved Views isn't even an effective work around for this because you can only save the entire view orientation. You can't save the projection separately.

Hi Christiaan,

Here is a Menu Plugin script I made that does what you want. I added it to my workspace at the top of the right click context menu. It switches to un-cropped perspective and renders in OpenGL.

Kevin

Top man, thanks Kevin. What a life saver! Works like a charm.

If anyone needs to know, just drop Kevin's plugin in your VW plugin folder then edit your workspace to add "Perspective View" to your View menu.

If anyone needs to know, just drop Kevin's plugin in your VW plugin folder then edit your workspace to add "Perspective View" to your View menu.

I added it to my workspace at the top of the right click context menu. It switches to un-cropped perspective and renders in OpenGL.

Newbie Question:

I manage to add "Perspective View" to my View menu, but switching from Top/Plan view to Flyover Tool, it is still defaulting to "Unified View" and "wireframe". Am I missing something?

Vectorworks Architect 2013 SP4 + Renderworks

OS X 10.8.3

Here is a Menu Plugin script I made that does what you want. I added it to my workspace at the top of the right click context menu. It switches to un-cropped perspective and renders in OpenGL.

Seems to work fine in v2014 Kevin. Is there any way to make it default to Narrow perspective?

Hi Christiaan,

Sorry to be so slow with this request. Here's a version that sets the perspective to narrow. It took a bit of trial and error because the VS documentation is not super clear.

Cheers,

Kevin