Sections......

confusedone

Right now, I have created a model all be it not 100%. I have cut a section through the model and set the cut as the working plane... Viewed the working plane and then created a view port to view the section / elevation on a sheet layer.

I then work on the mode, go to look at the changes in the section to make sure I have the right setting etc. To do this I have to open up the sheet layer - enter the design layer to view the section - update the section view port (this sometimes updates and sometimes doesn't) - when it doesn't update in the view port I have to exit to the sheet layer and low and behold if I update it in there the changes appear. This is completely random and there has got to be a better way of working in sections. Any suggestions would be welcome..

Live sections would be a good idea.

Thanks

Something doesn't seem right about your initial setup for your section.

From your model, choose 'Create Section Viewport'.

Place the section viewport on your desired Sheet Layer.(not a Design Layer)

It sounds like you might be creating a Design Layer Viewport on a Design Layer and then linking that to a Sheet Layer Viewport. It appears you have a DLVP inside a SLVP. The intermediate step is not needed if the desired result is a section drawing on a sheet layer.

Hope this helps.

Joe