Sign in to follow this  
Kevin McAllister

Detail Viewport

Has anyone actually been able to create a detail viewport in VW 2013? I've been playing around with it tonight and every time I've tried to create one VW has crashed.

Kevin

I have found that generally, the detailed viewports are working correctly. And the image below you can see several detail viewports with detail references going to different sheets.

Interesting. Ever time I've tried Vectorworks crashes. I create a crop object, choose Create Detail Viewport, the dialog box appears, I hit OK and Vectorworks disappears. I've tried in clean files and ones imported from VW2012.

Kevin

Edited by Kevin McAllister

Same here, I've heard SP1 for Beta testers is on the way....right on track with last year....

Interesting. Ever time I've tried Vectorworks crashes. I create a crop object, choose Create Detail Viewport, the dialog box appears, I hit OK and Vectorworks disappears. I've tried in clean files and ones imported from VW2012.

Kevin

Exactly the same for me too.

This is not my own experience, however. Not to belabor a point, but after installation did you repair permissions, etc., then restart the computer followed by relaunching the application?

Dan J.

It works perfectly for me. I was even able to create a viewport within a viewport!

It works perfectly for me. I was even able to create a viewport within a viewport!

Bill, I see you are working both on a Mac and a PC. Which are you running VW 2013 on?

I've tried everything and it still crashes every time. No problems with any of the other new features or with Section or Standard viewports either.

Kevin

Hi All,

On Mac OS X, a few of the early Vectorworks 2013 installers failed to install the Detail Callout plugin. This will cause Vectorworks to crash if you attempt to use this command. This can be corrected manually without reinstalling the entire program.

We have a knowledge base article with instructions to fix this issue.

http://tinyurl.com/8mngs6u

Juan Almansa

Global Support Manager

Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc.

7150 Riverwood Drive

Columbia, MD 21046 USA

Hi Juan,

Ive managed to get the .vso installed. I now cant us the 'activate detail callout'? function Any ideas to help? Perhaps another .vso didn't install?

Cheers

Joe