Site Modifiers

confusedone

Question

Hi, I've created a Terrain using AEC and 3d loci. I am now trying to cut the building footprint out of the terrain using pad and boundary (previously fence). It is drawing the lines and offsetting the fence but either nothing is happening and no Update is required or it shows an update but nothing happens when I update it...

Slowly going crazy, please help..

6 answers to this question

I'm laughing out loud....I know exactly how you feel with site model work, so exciting, frustrating and scary all at the same time.

I am so paranoid now, since having some horrid start again experiences with site models, that now I update model after every site modifier is added to my model.

This way, if the model does not update, error message comes up then I just edit, undo. And either delete and start that modifier again or go POP the kettle on and have a think.

I guess you will find your own way, like us all. Shame there is not a good comprehensive site modelling help guide on VSS or so..... keep cool calm and plod on. :o)

Hi, Im having similar issues. Ive created a 3d site model from my contours, now im trying to add a pad so i can add my buildings onto the pad. When i create the Site pad it just leaves the outline of the pad on my site model with no fill? Hopefully this makes some kind of sense. Can anyone help?