I've gotta ask - why is snapping such a mongrel?

Snapping with 2d objects works sweet...snapping to hybrid objects is a total dog! What am I doing wrong?

I want to place 'simple door 2' with the top left corner of its jamb perfectly along-side the jamb of 'window wall straight'. This shouldn't be so hard.

Align v or align H show up, but this is no help. I want Point! Where is Point? I zoom in and out but no Point!

It's possible that I am being pedantic, and in fact it doesn't really matter if the jambs are perfect or not. However, as soon as I convert copy to lines I will wish the snaps actually worked.

Snapping to grid is not the answer in this case.

Can anyone who actually uses VW in an Architect's office shed some light on the abject performance of VW snaps?

Win2k - 256MB ram

Mat, this is gonna sound ridiculous but here goes anyway: I stopped trying to get windows & doors in exact locations a long time ago. It never quite worked. So here's what I do. I insert the object into the wall more or less close to where i want it. Then I use a line of a specific length or a locus point and figure out how far my object has to move. Then I go into the object info palette and re-locate my object. (If you're not aware already, you can use "+" or "-" signs in any of the fields in the OI palette to add or subtract form the existing numbers.) Or, if I know that wall is 20 feet and I want something centered I can set it to 10 feet in the OIP (if it is snapped to center of object). I know this sounds like a lengthy process, and it is, but it's highly satisfying. All my dimensions come out acurate, and it's still faster than drafting with a pencil (at least this one operation). PLC