upside down lettering

The "Adjust flipped text" preference is now in Document Preferences and it is global for all text in your file. Not good if you want some text flipped and some not.

Starting in VW 2011 though, you can rotate an individual text block 180? and it will not flip back even with the preference set to adjust flipped text.

You can select the rotated text mode of the text tool and pull a new text block right to left and your typed text will be upside down once you exit the block.

But I find it easier to just write the text normally, then set the rotation to 180? on the Object Info Palette.

• Like 1
You can select the rotated text mode of the text tool and pull a new text block right to left and your typed text will be upside down once you exit the block.

But I find it easier to just write the text normally, then set the rotation to 180? on the Object Info Palette.

You can also change how text behaves when you edit it (either in place or rotated so you can more easily read what your typing) by toggling on and off the "Edit text horizontally by default" option in the Edit panel of the preferences.

KM

• Like 1
You can disable "Adjust Flipped Text" in the Pref's...

...a little tip in relation to this, if you are exporting to DWG the "Adjust Flipped Text" setting doesn't export i.e.. upside down and mirrored text in VWs that looks correct will be upside down and mirrored in the DWG export........thus I never work with "Adjust Flipped Text" activated in general.

PS. There is also an option for "Adjust Flipped Text" in the Advanced Viewport Properties.......

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=7946&filename=Sk%E4rmavbild%202012-09-06%20kl.%2008.57.27.png

Edited by Vincent C
  • 6 years later...

Hi, this is an old thread but today I moved a lot of things from one design layer to another in the same document and hundreds of elevation benchmarks flipped. The "Adjust flipped text" is already ticked and untick/retick does nothing. Every other text is good, just the elevation benchmarks. Any ideas before I start the fun work of redoing all of them?

***EDIT Just in case anyone else encounters this, I found a weird solution. Select all your flipped things and in the Object Info bar open the drop down menu of "plane". Mine were all in "3D" so I changed them to Screen and then, if you like, change them back Layer. 3D option won't be available anymore. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 10.32.05 AM.png

Edited by RafaelPernia
  • 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

adding to this old thread ...  'adjust flipped text' not working (¿ again ?)

Text might be reversed in Section ViewPort

Hybrid Symbol (Existing from past VW version drawn as 2D & 3D the combined into symbol)

In the 2D component, these Symbols have Text (Screen Layer) included as identification.

This 2D (Screen Layer) text is in its own Class so one is able to turn it on / off as desired.

This 2D (Screen Layer) text is displayed as expected in Top/Plan and Not in a 3D View

In the 3D component, these symbols have text (3D Layer) as identifier when the drawing is in other than Top/Plan View. Typical this is only in an ISO front elevation or section ViewPort. This text (3D Layer) is in its own Class so one is able to turn it on / off as desired. This Text is 2D  (3D Layer) in 3D space. Aligned  to the desired 3D location and rotated into position

When the Symbol is mirrored, and displayed in Top/Plan, the 2D text is not backwards (flipped)

When the Symbol is mirrored, and displayed in Section Viewport the text appears backwards (flipped) based on the render mode.

¿ Assume the ViewPort setting for flipped text should always fix this ? Or is it only for attributes added to the ViewPort ?

In the attached VWX file shows that this reverse condition is dependent on how the Section ViewPort is rendered.

Reminiscent of a long standing BUG where graphics (Image shader based textures) might rendered backwards when the anti alias was off .

As is the case (?) when comparing a Fast RenderWorks to Final RenderWorks

One option I thought was viable was to add the needed text information as an Image Prop…

(Image Prop can beset to ¿ always face the viewer ?)

Suggestions are always welcome.

VW 2020 SP6 (Build 528704) (64bit)

MacBok Pro M1 Max

OS 12.51

User since MiniCad +

Peter

Test Symbol Vieport Rotated Text.vwx Reverse Text.pdf