VW2013 teaser...is this the best you've got...?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
And how can speed be a feature anyway? Every progam just need to try to do things as fast as it can, it can't be a feature, it's one of the basic things.

First you complain that Vectorworks is not fast enough. Then NVW spends time on that. And now you say they cannot communicate the news about improved speed to the user? Hmm...

If you want to complain about NVW's speed claim, then you're at the right place. If you think the speed up is bogus, then by all means illustrate the problem you're experiencing. But discussing wether a speed up is a feature or not... there's no added value in that.

Edited by BaRa
Lower the expectations in advance, so the the shock with the reality is not so hard..

I actually prefer this kind of marketing. The problem is my expectations of VW aren't dictated by VW, they're dictated by the competition.

What you actually mean is that your expectations are dictated by the competition's marketing...

Nicholas,

Are you running both 2012 and 2013 on the same computer? I want to install it and check it out but the office is not ready to roll it out until next week. In the seminar they told me that I could not maintain my installation of 2012 if I installed 2013. I am on a mac as well.

So they say that having 2012 and 2013 installed gives problems? Can this be confirmed please?

We've been running them alongside each other for months now (yes, beta versions). No problem whatsoever.

It appears the worksheet's 3D symbol images were grabbed from the Resource Browswer, as openGL renderings. It would be interesting to know if the images in the worksheet can be updated, if the symbol changes - especially for resized windows and doors. Also, I don't know how plug-in doors and windows fit into the mix - perhaps they have to be made into symbols, too.

No, they're not. They might look the same, but if what you say were true then you wouldn't be able to make a window take off in the spreadsheet (windows don't appear in the RB)

And how can speed be a feature anyway? Every progam just need to try to do things as fast as it can, it can't be a feature, it's one of the basic things.

First you complain that Vectorworks is not fast enough. Then NVW spends time on that. And now you say they cannot communicate the news about improved speed to the user? Hmm...

If you want to complain about NVW's speed claim, then you're at the right place. If you think the speed up is bogus, then by all means illustrate the problem you're experiencing. But discussing wether a speed up is a feature or not... there's no added value in that.

I don't say they can't tell us they worked on it, but a 'feature' is something different. It's like saying: Look I made a program and one of the features is being able to click with your mouse really fast.

And I already talked about what I'm experiencing: The same drawing is slighty faster in VW2012 compared to VW2013. The speed hasn't gone better, BUT the 'speed' feature does make the panning and zooming more easier on the eye, so it's more of a beautifyer, wich I do like.

I'm testing several files, just to compare if the new release is faster like described, but I have to witness VW2012 being faster???

Turning the Enhanced Navigation Graphics off makes it the same speed. The anly thing I notice when on is that it's more 'beautiful'.

So what I thought to be one of the big things is just a beautifier? I really would like to know if other experience the same thing?

Since today, I doubled my memmory from 4GB to 8GB, and I have to say that VW2013 IS faster, but you really need that RAM! A minimum of 8GB is really needed as it is still not that fluid. So for anyone upgrading their pc: 8GB is really the minimum!