VW2013 teaser...is this the best you've got...?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full 3d perspective is indeed welcome!

And I agree with DWorks, there's much focus on lighting design. I know that the new tools apply to architecture as well, but for teasers I would have shown an architectural example as well. The rendering stuff doesn't do me much (Arroway Textures etc.) as I render with V-ray in sketchup but it will probably please a lot of people. Anyway, my focus will be on the architectural tools and I hope there's some new and exciting news on that front. As I said earlier, the demo I got from Archicad sure got me thinking...

LiveDesignOnline is an Entertainment Design publication which probably explains the bias.....

Kevin

I like some improvements, but I really don't have a good feeling about this release. Maybe toninghts presentation will up my feelings.

It seems they don't work enough on the bim tools, and that's what is needed the most, look at the forums.

I really mis the added attributes for a seperate section and plan view or attributes for materials for classes. So I'm stuck with duplicated classes for both the material/section and plan/visible view of objects, and the added dificulty of this for creating both 2d and 3d view of objects.

Edited by DWorks

We can order the sheet layers now, I wonder if they have thought about getting the order number inside a title block? Like you can with the shheet name and number. So that by reorganizing your sheets, your page numbers in your title blocks also updates. Because otherwise, I see no benefit over giving the sheet numbers a good alphabetical name.

Edited by DWorks
Big thumbs up on the worksheets with images!

Thumbs down for being bitmaps instead of vector-based.

Or is it? The Architect video says they can be hidden line. In any case they won't be to scale so still not possible to dimension.

... scaled image, no snap points probably..

Edited by starling75
Big thumbs up on the worksheets with images!

Thumbs down for being bitmaps instead of vector-based.

Or is it? The Architect video says they can be hidden line. In any case they won't be to scale so still not possible to dimension.

... scaled image, no snap points probably..

They still will be just bitmaps like a rendered viewport is.

Edited by DWorks

- Detail VP updates automatically......wonder if that applies for all VPs?

- Auto Hybrid elevation height can be set....nice!

- Surface array sounds a bit like 3D bump maps, together with faster, stand alone rendering, perhaps a substitute for 3D hatches in some cases?

- Inner boundary mode for the slab tool......that was needed....

- I wonder what they mean with 'Wall re-engineering'?

Edited by Vincent C

They still will be just bitmaps like a rendered viewport is.

It appears the worksheet's 3D symbol images were grabbed from the Resource Browswer, as openGL renderings. It would be interesting to know if the images in the worksheet can be updated, if the symbol changes - especially for resized windows and doors. Also, I don't know how plug-in doors and windows fit into the mix - perhaps they have to be made into symbols, too.