VW2013 teaser...is this the best you've got...?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Background rendering for viewports is significant - I'll take continuing working in a Vw file, instead of watching the progress bar on the lower right corner any day.

I rather want other features, renders are here 1 to 2 minutes max. Plus I can't see how you could change objects that are rendering??? Or it's meant to be that you can render one document and work on another, that would be a different thing of course.

Edited by DWorks
Does anyone get the feeling this also means live sections/plans?

Totally not.

After seeing the video over and over again, because I was very excited, I'm again dissapointed, and here's why:

In the video, Cris is saying that it's a plug-in object with 3D objects in it and that the only thing the plug-in object does is creating the 2D part of the 3D objects. This means that it isn't like symbols at all, which I though it was at first. This means no worksheet data like symbols, no usage like symbols, no usage in walls like symbols, no extra data, no linking between text and data, no IFC data, ...

This had to be a feature they needed to make part of the symbol object that already exists, not a new plug-in.

Although you could use this plug-in inside a symbol, you can't change the height of the section plane symbol per symbol, so at the end, it only makes our life just a little bit easier because we don't need to draw the 2D part, if we can get good results of course.

This is yet another example of the many many features that are getting introduced into VW half-baked, and never to work on it again untill they find another half-baked feature to replace it. Anyone remember wall recesses? (A functionality that is easier and better done with symbols, except the height changing for the 2D part) If only NVW would throw that and this auto hybrid togheter then put it in the symbol object, then we would have a great feature! And only a symbol object, instead of 3 kind of objects that only does some parts that are meant to be togheter.

Also the use of this will be very very minimal in architecture.

Edited by DWorks
Does anyone get the feeling this also means live sections/plans?

Totally not.

After seeing the video over and over again, because I was very excited, I'm again dissapointed, and here's why:

In the video, Cris is saying that it's a plug-in object with 3D objects in it and that the only thing the plug-in object does is creating the 2D part of the 3D objects. This means that it isn't like symbols at all, which I though it was at first. This means no worksheet data like symbols, no usage like symbols, no usage in walls like symbols, no extra data, no linking between text and data, no IFC data, ...

This had to be a feature they needed to make part of the symbol object that already exists, not a new plug-in.

Although you could use this plug-in inside a symbol, you can't change the height of the section plane symbol per symbol, so at the end, it only makes our life just a little bit easier because we don't need to draw the 2D part, if we can get good results of course.

This is yet another example of the many many features that are getting introduced into VW half-baked, and never to work on it again untill they find another half-baked feature to replace it. Anyone remember wall recesses? (A functionality that is easier and better done with symbols, except the height changing for the 2D part) If only NVW would throw that and this auto hybrid togheter then put it in the symbol object, then we would have a great feature! And only a symbol object, instead of 3 kind of objects that only does some parts that are meant to be togheter.

Also the use of this will be very very minimal in architecture.

Can you elaborate about why it isnt useful when you make a symbol of it?

Can you elaborate about why it isnt useful when you make a symbol of it?

I haven't said it isn't usefull, there are just limitations that makes it less usefull than it could have been: You can't change the height of the section plane from instance to instance, so you need to make different symbols for different section planes, so your worksheets will have more complex formulas to get all these symbols, ...

NVW should really start to create a whole package of things that work togheter and not a collection of things that aren't working thogether to it's fullest.

Edited by DWorks