Dongle Problems

I am having this problem in my office where randomly colleagues will start Vectorworks and get that "you are now running in demo mode....." even tough their dongles are plugged in. How do I stop this from happening and as a matter of interest why this switch to dongles anyway, the other system worked perfectly......?

Hi Katie

When you say its a problem between the 2 dongles what do you mean. there is only one dongle on each machine. All off these dongles are the USB type and for information they have Hasp4-M1 wrote on them. I cant seem to see a pattern to this but it is happening randomly on all the machines.

Richie

I think Katie mis understood your problem.

There is an outstanding issue when 2 dongles are installed onto the same system. We don't normally deal with this type of an issue in the US, so it is a little fuzzy for us.

I know they tweaked the dongle system in the 9.5.2 release to make it more stable, so you may want to make sure that you are running that version.

Otherwise, I would recommend that you install the most up to date dongle drivers available.

You can download the HASP 4 drivers from this link.http://www.ealaddin.com/support/hasp/enduser.asp#latestdd

This is exactly the type of issue you should contact your local distributor for.

Matthew GiampapaNNA Technical Support

I too are have problems with the Dongle !! I have a G4 powerbook with OSX . As I am on the road a lot I am continually plugging in and out. However, whenever I plug the Dongle back in I have to restart my machine !!

Surely this can't be the way it should work ?

Any help aprreciated

Jono