Sign in to follow this  
Clive Abben

Textures on walls

I must have accidentally set my walls up wrongly because when i render my walls only the top of the wall shows the rendering, not the sides?

Select the Wall(s). Look in the OIP (Object Info Palette), in the Render Tab, then use the part pulldown to set "Left" and/or "Right" to the appropriate texture. You can also set wall textures using Wall Styles, or Classes, however that is the simplest and most basic way to do it...

yeah, i just got through doing this. seems that assigning textures through classes doesn't quite finish the job. the object info pallet works, but you have to remember to do overall, left and right.

in the oip you can also adjust the texture, such as scaling.

cheers,

ray

yeah, i just got through doing this. seems that assigning textures through classes doesn't quite finish the job.

As is often case with VW it's a matter of bad default settings.

Additionally I have found that Walls which are textured by Class sometimes need to be "forced"- by alternately selecting (in the Class Dialog) None/Texture...

"Overall" is very poorly defined in this case. I have tried (in vain) to make the case that Overall should in fact be over ALL, but alas, no one seems to listen...

i can't get it work. i've set _any_ selection left/right/overall in any dialog (classes/walls/wall style settings) to stucco, but to no avail. the walls are not getting rendered as a mass, they are still transparent in opengl, hidden line or renderworks preview.

what am i still missing?

thanx in advance.

rob

Hi

Do your walls have a Solid fill? Select them and check the Attributes palette. 3D objects will not display a texture unless they have a solid fill.

Hope that helps