Vectorworks Adding Image to pipe and drape

Hello all,

I am trying to add a simple image file to some white drape that I have added to my ballroom to simulate video being displayed on it. I have imported the image file as a Renderworks texture and applied all the default settings. When I go into the 3D curtain options in my drape I have assigned the materials type as image and chose the image texture that I created and it gives me these errors in the Vectorscript.

Error: _3150 _177 - Index outside array limits

Warning: _3150 _177 - Color index must be from 0 to 65535.

Does anyone know what I might have done wrong?

Edited by VinceHollywood

Vincent -

Are you using the Spotlight "Soft Goods" tool or the Landru Design "SoftGoods 2" tool?

Would you mind posting a file containing the Soft Goods obejct that is giving you trouble? I created a Soft Goods P&D object with the Image option here in a fresh file and am not seeing any issues. Being able to see all of your other settings for the PIO would be quite helpful.

Hey Andrew,

I am using Vectorworks "softgoods" tool. I have been playing around a bit and I think it might actually be the way that I am importing the image file into Vectorworks. How I am importing is like this:

-Right clicking inside the Resource Browser and selecting "New Resource in document Renderworks Texture"

-Edit Texture menu opens and I name the texture and to import the picture I have been going to the "Shaders" section and under "Color" have been selecting image and importing my file that way.

Is this the proper way or am I way off?

Edited by VinceHollywood

Vincent -

You may or may not know that this tool exists in 2 formats: Spotlight 2012's "Soft Goods" and Landru Design's "SoftGoods 2." In terms of features and functionality, the tools are (for now) identical. If you're wanting to use a PIO to create your P&D objects and you stick w. the Spotlight version, you'll have to wait for either the next Service Pack or the next Vectorworks version release. Or, for $20 you can buy a licence for the Landru Design version (see http://www.landrudesign.com/VWPlugIns.htm for more info). As with our other tools that have been incorporated into Spotlight, by owning a license to our version, you gain features that may or may not eventually make it into Spotlight and, potentially, faster turn-around on fixes.

That help, at all?