exporting saved sheets

here is my problem. i will create multiple sheets for different views and have individual classes for dimensions on each sheet. printing to pdf and printing the drawings then faxing them is fine. the problem is when i need to export to a dwg to email the plans to other firms. when you open the files in autocad, all of the dimensions are in plan view instead of being projected in 3d. since the dimensions were created in different classes, they can be turned on and off in autocad. does anyone have any advice as to what we can do on our end to make things easier for the people that open the files in autocad. it is a hassle for the autocad users to rotate all of the text in order to have accurate drawings. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

sincerely,

Josh BickelAudio Analysts, Inc.3286 N. El PasoColorado Springs, COAudio Analysts

if there are multiple sheets and each having a different view, should i export each individual sheet? in other words, if i have 4 sheets, i would need to have 4 different dwg/dxf files? i tried it with one view and then imported it back into vectorworks, and it seemed to work, but i havent opened the file in autocad. thanks for the tip.

Sheets are not supported in AutoCad by way of DXF/DWG export. You will need to do just as you are doing, by saving each sheet as a seperate file.

The autocad folks will be able to x-ref the files in and get something similar to what you see in VW.