Upgrade Questions [newbie]

I bought a copy of Vectorworks Fundamentals 11 some time ago, and have just arranged an upgrade to 2012 with VSS. Happy days.

I have a question with regards the upgrade. I have been told by the vendor that no disk or box will be supplied, only a serial code by email, and I will need to download the copy of the software from Vectorworks... I feel like I have been had to be honest.

Is this true, that I will not receive a Boxed Disk set? Surely the upgrade price should include this?

Any help welcomed[i am a newbie so please be patient!]

What was your experience during the upgrade process?

When I last did an upgrade, it was to 2011. I got the standard email (barcode and serial number etc) from computers unlimited with license code and I also got a link for download, possibly in seperate email. A few days later, a DVD arrived which has not been taken out of its box but I think contained the program and probably a bit of new features etc material.

I don't know what's changed much with 2012 and/or VSS, but I know what you mean about feeling short changed as this happened to me whilst I was waiting for my renderworks to be processed. Entitlement for that was just an email with barcode/serial number.

However, as long as you purchased from a dealer listed on Computers Unlimited website and your email is personalised direct from computers unlimited, then your going to be OK. Its just the virtual way of doing things these days.