Creating keyboard shortcuts for saved views

I am interested in creating keyboard shortcuts to recall some saved views I already have set up in my Vectorworks document. From some preliminary research it seems it could be accomplished using Vector Scripts, but I am a novice in this area and don't know how to create my own.

Hi VWLP,

There is a VectorScript routine for recalling saved views:

VRestore('VIEWNAME');

Technically, you could created a plug-in command (a one-liner using the routine above, replacing VIEWNAME with the name of your saved view) and place it in a menu, then add a keyboard shortcut.

The issue is that if a view name changes (or you create additional ones), you'd have to edit the plug-in and/or create a new one each time. Cumbersome to say the least.

You do realize that you can open a floating script palette with all saved views, and that you can access saved views from the pop-up menu in the mode bar? Both of these methods provide quick ways to choose a saved view. Using a KB shortcut may not be much faster....

Hope that helps.

V-G.

• 2 weeks later...

VectorGeek, thanks for the solution. I was on a pretty similar path, but it just wasn't working until I tried your instructions.

The type of work I do requires all my projects to use the same saved views, so it will save time to turn them into a quick keyboard shortcut. Very excited to set them all up now!

• 6 years later...