Parapet cappings: extrude-along-path?

I've used extrude-along-path to model aluminium parapet cappings, however it's not working out how I was hoping in section.

The first image is how I want them to look.

The second image is how they currently look (i.e. with a fill). The third image is how they look if I override the fill attribute to turn it off.

How do I get them to look like the first image? Or should I use a different method to model metal parapet cappings?

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=7774&filename=1.pngubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=7775&filename=2.png

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=7776&filename=3.png

this is a cop-out, but ..... use the 3D image only as a guide, and use 2D tools to fill in the details. In this case, even if you could get the coping correct, how would you represent the roof membrane turned up on the parapet ? You'll still have a very complex problem to solve in 3D. In 2D, no problem. I've resolved myself to making 3D stuff only as a guide for 2D sections. That's my 2 cents.

PS: the third and first images look the same to me ....

Thanks Domer. The difference between the 1st and 3rd images is that the 1st has no fill in section view but does in the background elevation view. The 3rd one has no fill in either section or elevation views so you see a number of lines that I don't want visible.

The problem with the 2D solution is that there are a lot of parapet cappings in this project, which would mean too much touch up work every time we had to adjust or create a new section.

Seems I've come so close to doing exactly what we need only to fall at the last hurdle. Kind of a VW theme really.