Revit Thoughts

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd actually like both. Flexible, interactive basic modelling like in Christiaan's Siemens examples and parametric NURBS type modelling like in Jershaun's Revit example. Imagine if using the NURBS Loft tool was as simple, intuitive and re-editable as the Revit example. Or if a Vectorworks door or stair plugin could be customized using the push/pull methodology of the Siemens example and still retain its data and know how it originated.

Kevin

Or if a Vectorworks door or stair plugin could be customized using the push/pull methodology of the Siemens example and still retain its data and know how it originated.

You know I seem to vaguely recall that type of user friendly interactive adjusting being shown, I think in a Bentley Architecture teaser video for windows and doors at least 5-10 years ago, what happened?

Edited by Vincent C

If Vectorworks was to have that level of 3D modelling as the plm videos, it would have had it by now. Parasolid has been in vectorworks for 4 releases now. The ideal opportunity was to do it with vw2012 after the huge strides NemV made with vw2011 but what they did instead was release vw2012 with nothing extra other than a stupid and unnecessary implementation of what they call storys/stories.

.........but what they did instead was release vw2012 with nothing extra other than a stupid and unnecessary implementation of what they call storys/stories.

You know it's strange they didn't introduce this solely to the Architecture/Design modules?! For architecture and it's tools to work properly in the future I think it is a necessity, however for all other disciplines I can imagine it is a bit unnecessary......having said this, you don't actually need to use them even though they are there....... ;).