Office 2013 preview

I have been tinkering with the new Microsoft Office 2013 preview for the last week or so. I realized yesterday it was preventing Vectorworks 2010 from starting. I usually leave VW running all the time, so it took a week before I actually tried to close and re-open VW before I realized this. I tried this on two different machines, both running Windows 7 x64. Same result on both machines.

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone tried it with a newer version of VW? I'm due to upgrade the end of this year, so maybe the problem will be solved with a new version.

Jason Teague

I have seen this problem as well on 2 different Win 7 64bit machines. Install disables both Vectorworks 2010 & Vectorworks 2012. Removing the Office Preview restores Vectorworks ability to launch. This problem also exists after installing the YouSendIt application. Again, removing the application allows Vectorworks to launch.

-H

Yes...the actual exe fails to launch. In fact, I noticed a missing entry in the registry. I had not installed a yousendit application when I noticed this behavior. Removing the office 2013 preview results in a return to normal functionality.

By the way, Grant, I hear congrats are in order...

Jason

Edited by teaguejb