'Edit symbol' and 'delete class(es)' dialogue boxes missing VW2012

I am working on VW2012 educational version and seem to be missing the usual 'edit symbol' dialogue box when double clicking on a symbol.

The dialogue box which usually asks if I want to edit the 2D or 3D properties of the symbol does not appear and instead - I am taken straight into editing the symbol (thus I cannot edit the 3D properties).

Also, when I go to delete a class, the 'delete class(es)' dialogue box does not appear'. So I cannot 're-assign objects to another class'...it just deletes without asking.

I'm sure this must be a basic settings problem and I would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks

This is because of your preferences. There is a checkbox on these dialog boxes that, when checked, will save the action you want to do when and you will never get the dialog again.

You can reset your preferences in the VW preferences. Then those boxes will appear again.

For symbols: you can right click to go to the different parts of it. Right click is very powerfull and has more uses in the latest VW. Be sure to check every object out with right click!

Thanks so much for this - right clicking works a treat for the symbols.

I've looked at the VW preferences options but can't seem to figure out which option I should have selected to bring back the dialogue boxes...you don't happen to know which specific option it needs to be?

Thanks again

Thanks so much for this - right clicking works a treat for the symbols.

I've looked at the VW preferences options but can't seem to figure out which option I should have selected to bring back the dialogue boxes...you don't happen to know which specific option it needs to be?

Thanks again

It's a button to reset your preferences. on the right side of the dialog. If I remember correctly, there are two buttons, it's the bottom one.

Edited by DWorks