Label legend containers flipping with fixture

Hi

I apologize if this topic has already been covered but I could not find it when I searched for it.

The problem I am having is my label legend is flipping when I rotate a fixture using "Set 3D Orientation" as it is a flown fixture.

I have attached a screenshot to help explain but what I am seeing is in plan view I have my unit number above and universe below and to the left and dimmer below and to the right, each one is in a container.

When I rotate the fixture 180? using the x or y plane the numbers stay the same but the containers rotate.

I know I can have 2 separate symbols, one for the floor and one flown but when I export to ESP Vision it references the 3D orientation.

Ben

Edited by Benwin

The following is a guess.

I think the symbol is causing the problem. The 3D part of the symbol you are using is all screwed up.

The 3D part of the symbol is 404 3D polygons. VW instrument symbols should have exactly 4 objects in the 3D part (3 of of them can be groups). 3 of the parts should have a record format attached and the correct values set to true. The other value should be a 3D locus at the intersection of the pan & tilt axes.

VW uses that information to know what parts of the instrument to flip and what parts to keep pointed at the focus point.

My guess is that 404 3D undifferentiated polygons being flipped 180? is causing VW to think the symbol definition is flipping around.

If you use the stock VW Varilite 3500 symbol the label legend behaves.

hth

mk