Scaling Hatches in Viewports

There are occasions when it would be useful to scale a hatch in a viewport (I don't want to change the hatch scale in the original design layer). I don't appear to have that ability in VW 2011, but would be happy to be proven wrong. Is that available in the current version?

To give an example:

I often include a viewport of an elevation to supplement a building section drawing. To better manage line weights, I will use two or more viewports to present a drawing (building section is normal line weight, elevations beyond are set as a fine line weight in the "advanced properties" button for the viewport). Because I am also using the elevations as separate drawings on other sheets, I may want to scale certain types of hatches to read better at a different drawing scale rather than just change the design layer drawing.

If I am using a hatch to represent true building materials (like brick running bond courses), I have no problem. The hatch scales as it should.

If I am using a hatch to mark types/colors of brick courses (diagonal, cross hatch, etc), this is where my issue arises. I would like to be able to manage the diagonal or cross hatch to read better in a larger scale viewport while also retaining its readability in smaller scale viewports.

The one work-a-round I employ is:

First Scale the object Polygon or other shape to be Hatched (for example let's say by a factor of 10x's).

Next under the Modify Menu I select Hatch & choose the Hatch pattern to be used.

The result is a group of lines (no longer a dynamic hatch) in the shape of the selected polygon.

I then group both the Poly & the Group of lines and group these BOTH together.

WIth the resulting group selected I now Scale the group back to the correct size (in this case a factor of 0.1).

If you change the size of the or shape of the Polygon you must either rinse & repeat or Clip or otherwise edit the Grouped objects.

Like I said, it's a work-a-round.

The one work-a-round I employ is:

First Scale the object Polygon or other shape to be Hatched (for example let's say by a factor of 10x's).

Next under the Modify Menu I select Hatch & choose the Hatch pattern to be used.

The result is a group of lines (no longer a dynamic hatch) in the shape of the selected polygon.

I then group both the Poly & the Group of lines and group these BOTH together.

WIth the resulting group selected I now Scale the group back to the correct size (in this case a factor of 0.1).

If you change the size of the or shape of the Polygon you must either rinse & repeat or Clip or otherwise edit the Grouped objects.

You can scale hatches per object through it's attributes. Once scaled ('Mapped') this way, the hatch will stay mapped this way.