Sketchup Pro 8 and Vectorworks landmark

Hi there

Im totally new to landmark but in desperate need to learn it! Im good on sketchup and use it on a day to day basis so hopefully can pick it up quick. However there seems to be no you tube videos or very little ones so its making it harder to learn...

What I would like to learn is to export a sketchup model into layout without losing its scale and dimensions in 2d and 3d and use the fantastic plant database, (which I don't know how to use yet) to 'plant up'. The sketchup database of plants isn't great and Im finding it very laggy.

Then I need to be able to convert it into a scale e.g 1:20 and export it as a pdf on the appropriate paper source or photoshop?

Any help would be much appreciated!

I have skype too! (mac book pro user but can download the windows version)

landscape architecture student

Edited by landscape architect student

i haven't imported sketchup models in vw, but i have seen tutorials somewhere on the vw web site. try looking there.

as for exporting, once you understand how vw is structured this is easy. but only after you understand a few basic things. first, the difference between design layer and sheet layer. the design layer is the modeling world, where your design resides. the sheet layer is just that: the sheet layout. the link between the two is the viewport, under the view menu in the design layer. spend a little time looking at these. from the design layer you can define the viewport, in doing so you can set up the sheet size and scale. once in the sheet layer, you can revisit these settings. from the sheet layer you can export to a variety of formats, including pdf.

that is the framework, but as always the devil is in the details. i suggest you try it and see how far you get. then ask more questions.

cheers,

ray

• 2 weeks later...