Manual slabs and cutting in walls

Do slabs only cut into walls if the slab is bound to a wall?

Edit: Argh, weird, auto-bound slabs aren't cutting into walls either. Well sometimes. Sometimes they are.

I've already developed a deep hatred of Vectorworks this week and it's only Monday.

Edited by Christiaan

Thanks Peter, I'm having trouble narrowing the problem down. I think there may be graphical glitches related to another problem but this morning I've experimented with one slab and noticed that I have to bind the slab to the wall that overlaps it (which in this case are the walls on the storey below) in order to get the slab to cut the walls.

Is this really how it's meant to work? I thought slabs were meant to cut any wall that overlaps the slab, regardless of which walls the slab is bound to.

Slabs are set to bound to outer face of core wall component. They're doing that, they're just not always cutting into the wall.

Here's an example of the manual slab not cutting into walls. Am I doing something wrong here?

I'm expecting the structural slab on C2-2-Structural Slab to cut into the first skin of the blockwork cavity wall. And the screed on C2-2-Floor to cut into the lining of the cavity wall. (without auto-binding)

Any ideas on why I can't bind the slab to surrounding walls in the file attached to my post above?

Edit: And the other problem still exists. I had the slabs cutting into bounding walls and then after a crash they stop cutting into the walls. It's just a joke.

Edited by Christiaan
Any ideas on why I can't bind the slab to surrounding walls in the file attached to my post above?

I could bind the slab, after I remade the two lower wall-joins.

Any ideas on how to tell which wall joins are the bad ones? I thought maybe Top View might give some hints, but not that I can see.

(just about spent the entire day creating slabs, as a result of having to re-join so many walls and clip slabs, etc. Crazy)