Layer colors :mad:

I have a user who has set up a presentation drawing using layer colors to specify various colors for different itmes in her drawing, say one color for walls, one for floor, etc. All works well, except that several PIO's take the color from the layer colors and it is impossible to change. It seems that all the doors and windows with the exception of Simple Window 2 display this behavior.

Regardless of whether this drawing should have been made this way, one should be able to change the fills, regardless of where it picks it up from.

any ideas...NNA...Anybody?

When I went to checked this out I saw the exact same behavior with layer colors on and off.

Remember, not all PIO objects will let you change their fill attributes. Doors and Windows must have a solid fill setting. The only thing you have control over is the color of the fill.

This was changeable by the attribute pallet with layer colors off, and changeable by the layer color dialog when layer colors were on.

The whole point of "Use Layer Colors" is so that all objects on a particular layer will have the same set of color information. Otherwise you would need to change the way the file is drawn to use class colors, which work on an object by object basis.

Matthew GiampapaNNA Technical Support