modify walls back to the reported height in OIP

I have the 'unfit walls' script that takes the peaks out of walls. However, I need to go one step further.

I've always wondered why when you reshape the ends of a wall to make them taller or shorter the reported wall height in the OIP remains unchanged. After running the 'unfit walls' script its very easy to end up with a variety of walls that appear graphically to be different heights but all report the height they were first created at...usually the original layer wall height.

I thought using the OIP to modify them all back to Layer Elevation height and then back might fix it but it doesn't. There doesn't seem to be any way except graphically reshaping each corner of every wall back to my desired plate height.

If you modify designs between flat or vaulted ceilings or hip vs gable roofs or heights of dormer walls or attic knee walls this can be an issue.

Right now the easiest method I know of is to simply redraft the walls in place.

Does anybody have a script to automate this process?

Joe

Thanks for the link.

I'm assuming in the last few months nobody has been able to get the setwallheights command into a script that functions in VW2012.

I curious question...even if it did work, does this command change the heights of the end points or does it change the height of the center reference point?

If I have a bunch of walls that are all flat topped but with end points set at a variety of different heights other then the height of the center reference point of each wall, some shorter some taller...a change to the center reference point is no different than changing the number in the OIP and both end points move with the height change.

If that command actually reshapes the end points to a newly input height or simply re-shapes them to the already assigned center reference height...it would solve the problem.

Joe