Printing from Viewport yeilds poor results

so i'm having many issues with my viewport printing. i will post more of them separately, but here is the one that's bothering me today: printing from my viewport lowers the quality of the print compared to the screen quality or exporting a PDF from the design layer.

attached is the side-by-side of screen (left) and printed PDF (right). note the disparity in line weights, the lack of hatch marks. i've got the dpi @ 300.

any help would be great.

thanks,

nathan

8sxre.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

Sheet Layer Viewports in Vectorworks have a feature to scale the text, markers, line weight. This does not affect the source elements on design layers, only the way they display in the viewport. Select the VP and near bottom of the OIP (Object Info Palette), click the Advanced button. In the dialog, you can increase or reduce the scale of several types of objects. See if this helps.

Please use the My Stuff tab in forum menu to create a signature for your posts showing your Vectorworks type/version, operating system and maybe a bit about your computer setup.

-B