Tim Horton

Navigation palette is blank

I am running VW 2012 on Windows 7 and I'm having problems with my navigation palette. The layers, classes, etc. are all blank in my workspace. The only way to show/hide layers or classes is to open up the organization menu.

I have an NVIDIA graphics card and apparently there is known issues with some models and VW 2012.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Fundamentals and Architect, I use the Architect workspace, but the problem persists when I switch to fundamentals too.

Other than restarting, I don't have a good suggestion.

But how is it possible that you're the first Canadian with that screen name?

Hahaha! I'm not sure, luck I suppose. Blame my parents. Anyway, thanks for the help. I've tried just about everything: Updating to SP4, updating my video driver, talking to VW tech support, reducing the number of Windows fonts to <250...

It's only the Nav palette causing problems? Did it work before and suddenly quit working?

I vaguely remember that the Nav palette wasn't part of Fundamentals. If it's never worked maybe there was in install problem.

I should have mentioned that before. It worked from initial install in January-ish until a few weeks ago, then one day stopped working/went blank. I can't recall any specific changes to my computer that happened around that time... maybe I'll try a system restore to a date around 2 months ago.

I'll update if that works.

EDIT: system restore to a month ago didn't fix the problem.

Edited by Tim Horton

Hi there! I'm having this same issue, and it's driving me crazy! The solution link posted above no longer connects - does anyone have a solution they can share? Deeply appreciated

Empty nave palette.JPG

2 minutes ago, WanderingWA said:

Hi there! I'm having this same issue, and it's driving me crazy! The solution link posted above no longer connects - does anyone have a solution they can share? Deeply appreciated

Empty nave palette.JPG

|
This is usually that the width of the columns is too small or two wide. undock that palette and make it very wide in the center of your screen, then try resizing the columnis horizontally, you should then see the missing stuff.