Font corrupts when I do a Batch Print

Andy M

Question

Hello VW World,

I have been using a new font in my Label Legends called Orator Standard.

Which I thought looked great.

Until I did a batch print and then all the text in the label legends, which is mostly numbers is now been converted to random letters and text.

If I print to a PDF single pages the Label Legends are not effected, only when I do the batch print..

I have tried a restart... no change..

Anyone have an idea what this might be.. or how to fix.

thanks for your time.

Andy

Vectorworks 2011 - Mac

3 answers to this question

One of your text objects has gotten corrupted. If its a single font and you've used multiple fonts in your file, concentrate on text objects using that font only. I tend to track the object down using a process of elimination. Do this process in a copy of your original file.

How many sheets are in your file? Try using batch print to PDF but eliminate a different sheet each time you try to narrow where the corrupt object is. This will help find a corrupt object on a sheet layer.

If you think the corrupt object is on a design layer (ie. one of the label legends is the corrupt text object) then you will need to delete objects in a methodical manner, testing batch print to PDF after each deletion. I would try a big area first (ie. delete all lights stage right of centre) to narrow your search more quickly.

Once you isolate the corrupt object(s) you can delete them from your original file.

I've never seen text turn into random letters/numbers but I often have issues with a single font disappearing from a batch print. This is how I solve it. In my case, the corrupt text objects have always been in the annotations of a sheet layer viewport. In my case they have been text objects, regular dimensions or radial dimensions.

Kevin

hi,

I changed the text in the label legends. same thing.

I tried another file, same thing.

I created a new Label Legend with a new font, then the problem goes away...

I was so happy with my new label legend and have been working on 4 files at once...

it looks like I have a bit of work to do.

thanks

A