Fundementals printing

Hi All

I am new user of Vectorworks Fundementals 2012 and I am struggling a little. I have been on the beginners course and will need to go on the next level but

1. Does anybody know of a "Dummies" guide, the simplest things can take an age to sort out with out some sort of refernce book

2. I do not have a A1 printer and use the local print shop, but they only handle PDF files, what is the simplest way of converting VWX files to this format (Fundementals dosnt appear to convert to PDF)

Any help much appreciated

There are many excellent free training guides on VW's website. You need to search around for additional bits, but the quick guides are a good place to start. There are movies too. There are also some third party books aimed at different disciplines.

As for PDF. You need software to create PDF's as its pretty ubiquitous. As you say, its not build into fundamentals, but some computers have it built into their OS as part of the printing function. Other than that, there is Adobe Acrobat (full version not free reader) and some alternatives. But to be honest, if you don't have it built into your OS printer driver, my advice is to use VW design series or buy Adobe Acrobat as commercial documentation is too important to rely on to risk cheap or free versions.